Treat throw recall – Easy Recall Game for Dogs
Hello you lovely pet parent, you!
What a wonderfully simple game for your dog this is – all you need is some treats and a bit of space to throw them.
When you’ve got your dog’s attention you can throw a treat forward and then when they’re just about to come back anyway – call their name.
You can play this game for a bit of fun or to start with recall or even to solidify recall but this is especially useful when pups are just learning recall.
What you need:
If the video above isn’t working try on…
Step by Steps
- Have your dog sit down and wait for you
- Throw a treat out and say ‘Go’
- When your dog gets their treat call them back with their name just as they’re turning to come back
- Call your dog using their name whenever you can remember to do so.
- Great for young pups to learn their recall but also good at any age to cement that recall in place and just for a bit of fun.