Treat, Throw, Win – Easy DIY Games for Dogs
Hello you lovely pet parent, you!
A nice easy DIY game that both you and your dog are thoroughly involved in – Treat, Throw, Win.
It’s fun to get involved in a dog game yourself and that’s what this one does.
We’re trying to throw a treat into a box, grab yourself a few treats and see how many you can get in the box in a row.
Maybe you can beat my world record of… one in a row!
This will test your dog’s patience – which is an excellent trait for your dog to have.
It will also develop their ability to focus on you for longer periods – you can see with Roscoe – it’s a work in progress 😁.
All you need:
Bounce and Bella Treats
If the video above isn’t working try on…
Step by Steps
- Pop your box or tub across the room
- Grab your treats and sit your dog down
- Begin trying to get the treats in
- Watch for your dog itching to make a break for the treats – let them go with ‘Go!’ if you think they’re going to go for it.
- Try and build up your dog’s ability to sit and wait for their treats – ideally you throw them all and then release your dog with ‘Go!’
- If you think your dog will go for it on the next throw – release them with ‘Go!’ as you throw
- Keep a close eye on your dog and don’t get too involved with your own game (as I did!)
- Try more suitable boxes or tubs if you keep missing 😁