Towel Catch – Easy Games for Dogs
Hello you lovely pet parent, you!
A nice easy DIY game that both you and your dog are thoroughly involved in.
We’re trying to throw a treat onto a towel, grab yourself a few treats and see how many you can get on the towel in a row.
This is a version of the tub catching game in which you try and get the treats into a box – however – this version is a whole lot easier.
What you need:
Your lovely dog
If the video above isn’t working try on…
Step by Steps
- Pop your towel across the room
- Grab your treats and sit your dog down
- Begin trying to throw the treats onto the towel
- Watch for your dog itching to make a break for the treats – let them go with ‘Go!’ if you think they’re going to go for it anyway
- Try and build up your dog’s ability to sit and wait for their treats – ideally you throw them all and then release your dog with ‘Go!’
- If you think your dog will go for it on the next throw – release them with ‘Go!’ as you throw
- Keep a close eye on your dog and don’t get too involved with your own game – that can be tricky