Hello, you Lovely Pet Parent, you!
I don’t know if this sounds familiar, but I’ve got a wardrobe of clothes that I’m supposed to be organising into wearing and not wearing so they can go to charity.
It keeps popping into my noggin to do but just as quickly pops back out again.
However, what is a charity’s loss is a doggy’s gain because it means I’ve lots of old t-shirts to use for ‘T-Shirt Dog Tug Toys’.
What do you need for the T-Shirt Tug Toy?
- Old TeeShirt
- Sharp scissors – not old blunt ones like me 🙁
- Awesome braiding abilities! (Not really… If I can do it, you definitely can)
How to create the T-Shirt Tug Toy.
- Spread out your t-shirt
- Cut 5 or 6 lines up the tee
- Cut across the shirt to chop off your strips
- Put 2 strips aside – they’ll tie the top and bottom of your dog’s new tug toy.
- Line the other strips up and bunch them together
- Use one of those 2 strips to tie the top of the bunched strips
- Braid the bunched strips
- Tie up the bottom of your braided bunch with the final strip
- Tidy up the top and bottom of the tug toy if you need to
- Open up the braids for a more toothy grip for your dog
We experimented with a small tug toy for my sister’s new Border Terrier puppy. For a bigger, stronger dog, just cut out longer strips going around the t-shirt instead of up and try using a thicker, more hard-wearing material like a rugby shirt.
Here is the T-Shirt Tug Toy
This is me cutting, braiding and making a mini tug toy…
Use the sharpest scissors in the house, not the dull old kitchen ones!
You can vary the length of your tug toy by cutting out longer strips or going around the t-shirt rather than up the length.
Will you be making a ‘T-Shirt Tug Toy’?
Are you ready to give it a go?
Think your braiding skills are up to it?
Let us know in the comments how you got on!
Have you tried any of our other Happiness and Brain Games for Dogs? If you haven’t why not check them out here: https://bounceandbella.co.uk/category/happiness