Table Bounce – Easy Recall Game for Dogs
Hello you lovely pet parent, you!
Here’s a nice easy recall game for your dog and all you need is some treats and some kind of flat surface like a table or counter top.
You can organise it in various different ways but the easiest way I’ve found to do it is to have your dog sitting on the other side of the table from you then ping the treat across to them.
When they grab the treat, call them back round to you for another tasty treat. Then sit them down, ask them to stay and move around the table to have another go.
What you need:
If the video above isn’t working try on…
Step by Steps
- Have your dog sit down and wait for you
- Walk around to the other side of the table
- Bounce a treat across the table to them while saying ‘Go!’
- They can then catch the treat or chase after the treat
- Once they’ve got their treat call your dog round to your side of the table then praise and reward with another treat
- Ask them to sit and stay
- Walk around to the other side of the table and repeat.
- Call your dog using their name
- If your dog isn’t great at staying on their own, especially when you’re wandering about with tasty treats, let them stay on your side instead – they just don’t have the opportunity to catch the treat.