Hot, Hot, Hot Dogs…
Hello, you lovely Pet Parent, you!
It’s hot and due to get hotter this week so just a few quick warm weather tips…
- Walk you dog when it’s cooler – early morning or later in the evening.
- If it becomes very hot you can give them a day off the walk – you’ll get whinged at but better safe.
- This is particularly true for older, unwell, unfit, and flat-face dogs. They are all at increased risk of heatstroke.
- Exercise and resultant overheating is the most common trigger for heat-related illnesses.
- Do be particularly aware of their water bowls and make sure they stay well filled.
- If you’ve got time, you could even fix them up a doggie ice lolly…
Here’s a really easy one courtesy of Battersea and all you’ll need is:
Meaty treat stick
Cup for a mould
Here’s how to make it: https://www.battersea.org.uk/about-us/news/dog-ice-lollies
Look after yourselves,