Doggy in the Middle – DIY Games for Dogs
Hello you lovely pet parent, you!
This is possible the simplest of all games but it’s a lot of fun and worth re-remembering.
It is incidentally a way to help your dog with ‘fetch’.
Use a back-up ball for when your dog plays keep-ball.
Make that ball super exciting with lots of waggles and whoops and whenever your dog drops their ball to get the new ball… try and say ‘Drop’ at the same time.
Add in some praise and slowly your dog will associate ‘Drop’ with good times.
‘Doggy in the Middle’ Step by Step – Dog Games for Fun
Here we go …
- This is just ‘Piggy in the Middle’ with your dawg
- Find a throwing partner and throw a ball between you
- Make sure your dog has a chance of getting it
- Let your dog enjoy playing with the ball for a while
- Then get the ball back and repeat…
If your dog isn’t good at fetch – use a second ball.
Frisbees or toys work just as well as balls
Good for inside or outside
Thank you to Bowie @bowie_the_cavachon for being this week’s handsome assistant.
You can see more of him here: https://www.instagram.com/bowie_the_cavachon/