Hello Pet Parents!
Today, we’re levelling up another of our DIY Brain Games for dogs and today it’s the treat towel level 2!
As much as we love the original treat towel game, we still want to challenge our dogs to use their sense of smell rather than just going straight to where they know the treats will be! Dogs are highly efficient learners so it’s important to switch it up from time to time and give them a little bit of a challenge.
However as you’ll see with Hannah’s dogs, Rambo and Oscar, some dogs love the extra challenge and getting out of their comfort zones, while for others it takes time to coax them to try something different.
So, we’re levelling up the treat towel game in a way that it’s still super easy and simple to do, but it will encourage your four-legged friends to use their nose and sniff out some treats!
What do you need for the Treat Towel Game?
- A tea towel – preferably an old one and not one you use often.
- Some deliciously tasty Bounce and Bella treats.
How to Play the Treat Towel Game Level Two.
- Get your Bounce and Bella treats and place them on the ground.
- Cover the treats with a tea towel.
- Then layer the treat towel over itself as maybe time as you like and hide some treats in between the layers.
- Show the tea towel to your dog and let them get sniffing.
Sometimes if you layer the towel too tightly then it makes it harder for your dog to sniff out the treats, try spacing out the layers and the treats to start.
Will you be trying the Treat Towel Game?
Are you ready to give it a go?
Let us know in the comments how you got on!
Have you tried any of our other Happiness and Brain Games for Dogs? If you haven’t why not check them out here: https://bounceandbella.co.uk/category/happines