Delivery during COVID-19
Like us you are probably shocked by the sudden and rapid escalation of both the virus and the actions being taken to stop the spread of COVID-19.
We use a fulfilment company who we are happy have a good plan in place to cope with the health, staffing and logistical issues.
If that situation changes, we will of course make it immediately clear by setting up obvious and unmissable notices at the top of the website and elsewhere so you will always be fully aware of any issues before buying (we’ll email too of course).
You can help now by:
- Including a contact number when ordering.
- Anticipating that deliveries may be a little slower than usual because of the increase in workload on delivery firms due to the online sales spike and decrease in staffing numbers.
Here’s important advice from Hermes that will help:
“So, we are making some changes to the way our couriers deliver parcels to offer ‘contact-free delivery’ right to everyone’s doorsteps. These include:
- – Asking customers to choose a safe place for deliveries. Anybody due to receive a parcel should visit the tracking section and choose ‘divert’ to select a safe place. This can also be done through our app, within the MyPlaces section.
- – If a safe place hasn’t been chosen but there is somewhere safe to deliver the parcel, then couriers will leave it there, even when there is someone in the property. A photo will be taken and this will be included in the delivery notification email.
- – For parcels requiring a signature, our couriers can temporarily do this on behalf of the customer to avoid unnecessary contact via hand-held devices. This will only happen when the customer opens the door and gives their name for security reasons. The courier will stay at least two steps away.
- – If there is no safe place available, please be assured that we will always attempt delivery 3 times.”
Hermes, A message from CEO about COVID-19
Ongoing advice from Hermes is available here: